guix-devel

Re: FSDG status of chromium

From: Clément Lassieur
Subject: Re: FSDG status of chromium
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2018 10:41:07 +0200

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue 25 Sep 2018 21:36, Clément Lassieur <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Thank you very much for letting us know about these issues!  I'm glad
>> Marius put it in a channel then, it was a wise decision.  I hope we'll
>> make it free at some point, so that it can be integrated into Guix.  But
>> there is Icecat 60 now (thanks to everyone involved!), so it's not that
>> urgent anymore.
>
> Unless I misunderstand, we have only been notified about the history of
> a discussion.  Are you aware of any concrete issue that has been raised?
> Any non-free file or incompatible in our distribution?

I believe the serious issue that has been raised is that we don't
communicate well with other FSDG distributions.  There are discussions
and bugs reported about the fact that Chromium might be non-free, and
while we may have fixed those issues, we didn't notify the other people
in the community who have the exact same issues.  Plus, we may have
missed problems that have been raised there.