guix-devel

Re: Heads-up: New dependency on Guile-Gcrypt

From: Thorsten Wilms
Subject: Re: Heads-up: New dependency on Guile-Gcrypt
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 13:36:18 +0200

On 27.09.2018 09:45, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:

I also did `sudo guix pull` and updated all packages for both
roles. Foreign distro (Ubuntu 18.04, Unity Edition).

Note that “sudo guix pull” fetches a new version of Guix for the root
user only.

Yes, I made sure to update both as plain user and via sudo.

GUILE_LOAD_PATH should point to the environment profile.  Are you
perhaps overwriting GUILE_LOAD_PATH in ~/.bashrc?

I was until now. Finally moved the rest of exports to .bash_profile.

A few days ago, the problem went away, with the only relevant thing I did (knowingly) was a few rounds of guix pull and update spread over days. Sorry about forgetting to update this thread and many thanks for getting back on this!

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/