guix-devel

Re: cabal-install fail

From: Timothy Sample
Subject: Re: cabal-install fail
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2018 01:28:28 -0400

Hi Brett,

Brett Gilio <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi, all. I am attempting to install cabal-install to my guix
> profile. I
> am getting a build error.
>
> build of
> /gnu/store/4rh26abgx8k0vkwsf57n4igp1mcrsfqg-cabal-install-1.22.6.0.drv
> failed
>
> I tried to look at the build log indicated in the error, but it is not
> parsing any unicode characters.
>
> Thoughts?

Unfortunately, the package definition for cabal-install is currently
non-functional.  We are just finishing updating our Haskell packages to
build with GHC 8.4.3.  These updates fix cabal-install as well.  They
should be available tomorrow (Monday).  (Note that it will be version
2.2 of cabal-install then.)

-- Tim