guix-devel

Ruby 2.5, pushing to staging?

From: Christopher Baines
Subject: Ruby 2.5, pushing to staging?
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2018 23:59:17 +0100

Hey,

A new minor version of Ruby has been out for a while, and it would be
good to get Ruby 2.5 in to Guix.

I've put up a patch here [1], and tried it locally. I've pushed some
fixes to master to make some packages compatible [2], and while I do get
some failures when building the 958 (according to guix refresh -l)
dependant packages, I'm unsure how many of these are down to the Ruby
upgrade.

1: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=32871
2: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=32870

Anyway, looking at the contributing guide this is possibly too big of a
change to push directly to master, so should I push this to the staging
branch?

Thanks,

Chris