guix-devel

Re: Blog: Guix packaging tutorial

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: Blog: Guix packaging tutorial
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2018 00:33:58 +0200

> > I assumed we would just build the package, not build and install.  When
> > packaging something, the common thing to do is to build, change, build
> > again, … and in the end maybe install (or submit to the mailing list).
>
> Maybe you are right.  I'll see if I can adjust this.

Hmm... The problem is that I give example on how to see the effect of installing
a package.  Actually I think a good tutorial should first give an example of
something to _play_ with, so it needs to have some immediate effect, that is, to
be be installed to the user profile.

I'll stick to that if that's OK.

--
Pierre Neidhardt