guix-devel

Re: Gradio attempt

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Gradio attempt
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 16:54:25 -0400

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 03:56:42PM -0500, Brett Gilio wrote:
> 1) The description is virtually null, because I am not quite sure I
> understand fully what to put there. The documentation helped, but it
> still feels ambiguous to this specific project.

The description is sometimes the hardest part of a package, especially
when there is nothing to copy from upstream :) I would mention that it's
a graphical program, what kind of internet radio stations it supports,
that it offers a tool to discover new stations (although it doesn't work
for me), and things like that.

> 2) I tried a propagated-input of `lame` to make the MP3 codecs work, but
> it seems that was a failure.

Can you explain how it failed? I couldn't get the program to show me a
list of potential stations, or find a way to add an URL that I know
works. Are you able to use the program at all?