guix-devel

Re: [outreach] Help trying to create R package

From: Laura Lazzati
Subject: Re: [outreach] Help trying to create R package
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 22:05:28 -0300

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 3:17 PM Laura Lazzati
<address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 3:15 PM Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> wrote:
> >

> > Hi Laura,
> >
> > > configure: checking for guile 2.2
> > > configure: found guile 2.2
> > > checking for guile-2.2... /usr/bin/guile-2.2
> > > checking for Guile version >= 2.2... 2.2.3
> > > checking for guild-2.2... no
> > > checking for guile-config-2.2... no
> > > checking for guile-tools-2.2... no
> > > configure: error: 'guild' binary not found; please check your
> > > guile-2.x installation.
> >
> > I recommend using “guix environment --pure guix” when on a foreign
> > distribution.
> Yes, I am trying that right now :) I'll let you know after reading
> Invoking guix environment and trying that. Hope this works

I have tried lots of things today, not successfully.

with guix environment guix, I get the same output that I get without
using guix environment (I mean, it uses the installed guix that I tend
to use generally)
the output of which guix in both cases is:
/home/laura/.config/guix/current/bin/guix

with guix environment --pure guix --ad-hoc coreutils findutils which (or -C)
I get, the output:
Command 'lesspipe' is available in the following places
 * /bin/lesspipe
 * /usr/bin/lesspipe
The command could not be located because '/bin:/usr/bin' is not
included in the PATH environment variable.
lesspipe: command not found
There, I run which guix and get:
which: no guix in
(/gnu/store/khk3lpx1li9y5zxzdppn9wi4n5g1qsgs-profile/bin:/gnu/store/khk3lpx1li9y5zxzdppn9wi4n5g1qsgs-profile/sbin)

The closest I got was by setting:
PATH=$PATH:/usr/bin/:/bin
PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin
And since I still got the issue with guile, I went to
/usr/bin/
and created a symlink
sudo ln -s /gnu/store/p9wm67w3rfw3hlb9iljgvsfn84mz4w9d-guile-2.2.4 guile-2.2.4
(setting guile-2.2 that whas already there to a hidden file)
 Then the ./configure --localstatedir=/var
Worked fine, as well as the make (echo $? of both 0)
There, the result of which guix is:
/usr/local/bin/guix
( a symlink to -> /var/guix/profiles/per-user/root/guix-profile/bin/guix)
I could run the ./pre-inst-env guix package -i hello, took a while but worked.
Complained about having to do:
export PATH="/home/laura/.guix-profile/bin${PATH:+:}$PATH"
Did so.
And finally I appended my r-aspi definition to cran.scm
However, everything went wrong when trying to run: (sorry, the output
is long and I also get the same output with ./pre-inst-env lint
r-aspi)
./pre-inst-env guix build r-aspi
;;; note: source file /home/laura/guix/gnu/packages/cran.scm
;;;       newer than compiled /home/laura/guix/gnu/packages/cran.go
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages abiword)':
exception thrown: #<condition &invalid-base32-character [character:
#\t string: "a7izhueiqsdjs2eo7dfyb63cqje7mbqz6ennlyoynxxucbhpdnta"]
262f6c0>
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages android)':
In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: googletest
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages avr)':
In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: binutils
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages axoloti)':
In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: gcc-4.9
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages bioconductor)':
In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: perl-module-build
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages bootloaders)':
no binding `bc' in module (gnu packages algebra)
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages chemistry)':
In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: python2-numpy
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages commencement)':
In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: gnu-make
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages debug)':
In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: gnu-make
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages display-managers)':
In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: gpgme
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages games)':
In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: unzip
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages image-viewers)':
In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: curl
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages license)':
In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: perl
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages make-bootstrap)':
In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: coreutils
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages maven)':
In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: java-plexus-container-default
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages syndication)':
In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: curl
guix build: warning: failed to load '(gnu packages unrtf)':
In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: coreutils
guix build: error: r-aspi: unknown package

> > Ricardo

Regards,
Laura