guix-devel

Re: Package for LXQt. Help wanted.

From: Meiyo Peng
Subject: Re: Package for LXQt. Help wanted.
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018 23:11:25 +0800

Hello Song,

> Hello, thank you again, I have push them!

Thank you.

> - Add comments about the missing translations (disable the
>   PULL_TANSLATIONS), which are in the lxqt-l10n git repository.  I think
>   we can prefetch it as a 'origin', add it to the input of the
>   application, or add a 'lxqt-l10n' package.

I didn't add lxqt-l10n because it is stated as deprecated on it's home
page.

> - Correct some licenses, eg: obconf-qt, qps are under GPL2+.

Sorry about this. I should have been more careful.

> And a "lxqt-build-tools: Dedifen LXQT_*_DIR variables" patch is
> unapplied:
>
>      (build-system cmake-build-system)
>      (arguments
> -     `(#:tests? #f))                    ; no tests
> +     `(#:tests? #f  ;; no tests
> +       #:configure-flags
> +       `("-DLXQT_DATA_DIR=/run/current-system/profile/share"
> +         "-DLXQT_ETC_XDG_DIR=/run/current-system/profile/etc/xdg")))
>
> What are thoses variables used for?  If I install the 'lxqt' package
> into my user profile, should I set them to the directories under my
> profile ($HOME/.guix-profile/share and $HOME/.guix-profile/etc/xdg)?

These variables are used by all LXQt packages during build time. But
there is no big issue if they are not defined here, I guess it is
because XDG_*_DIRS environment variables are set correctly during
runtime. They default to directories within
/gnu/store/*-lxqt-build-tools-*/ like this:
"/gnu/store/86wy8q4yplhalf3yvmzv673naarxn3na-lxqt-build-tools-0.5.0/share"

I defined these variables here to serve an aesthetic purpose, so that
the "Technical Info" tab within lxqt-about can show the values defined
above rather than directories like this:
"/gnu/store/86wy8q4yplhalf3yvmzv673naarxn3na-lxqt-build-tools-0.5.0/share".

--
Meiyo Peng