guix-devel

Re: [outreachy] Further steps

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: [outreachy] Further steps
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2018 09:36:45 +0100

Hello Laura,

Laura Lazzati <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2018.
okt. 28., V, 2:52):

> On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 5:06 PM Ricardo Wurmus
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> >

> > Hi Laura,

> > > I have one last question: do I need to follow a specific format?
> > > ie: a  template or just writing down in plain text:
> > > From date/week number up to date/week number: and a TODO list of tasks?
> >
> > Plain text is fine.  It only needs to clearly communicate your intent.
> Sorry, I wrote some ideas in the discussion thread about the videos.
> I have one last question about the timeline:
> How much in depth I need to detail what I am thinking of doing each
> week/s? Is it ok writing a general idea,
> For example:
> Week 1: learn the necessary concepts about video creation, and tools I
> will be using
> Week 2: work on the video/s about packaging (for example, as it is one
> mentioned on the Oureachy website)
> Or does it have to be more detailed?

I prefer to see an outline first, not very much detalied, and when the need
arises some parts can be refined. When there is a timeline, it is good to see
what the time estimates are based on. One way to do that is to break down
a task, as time requirements of smaller tasks are easier to estimate, but
there are other ways. So I don't think we need a much more detailed timeline
initially, but it would be nice if you could point out what your time estimates
are based on. If anyone is confused about a point in the outline, or would like
to see more details, then that can be refined. WDYT?

> Regards!
> >
> > --
> > Ricardo
> Laura