guix-devel

Re: Promoting the GNU Kind Communication Guidelines?

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Promoting the GNU Kind Communication Guidelines?
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 18:43:25 +0100

Hi Thorsten,

I’m replying to your email, but this message is also a general comment
about this discussion.

> On 29/10/2018 12.13, Alex Sassmannshausen wrote:
>
>>> https://twitter.com/_sagesharp_/status/1042769399596437504
>>> using as reference:
>>> http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Rape_apology_on_LCA_mailing_list
>>
>> I'm sorry, I'm not clear on where the factual incorrectness was in the
>> things you linked to above.  I did not follow the original debate in
>> detail so am going on the links you provide.
>
> If you read what was quoted from Theodore Tso's email and now think
> that calling him a rape apologist is warranted, then, as the very
> least, I have to doubt your reading comprehension.

Please let’s not go down tangents like this.  Sage and Theodore Ts’o are
not contributors to Guix, nor is Coraline Ada Ehmke, so I would not want
to discuss their activities in the context of this discussion.

This community has been using the Code of Conduct for quite some time
now, and I think we’ve been doing pretty well so far.  If you would like
to improve the text of the Code of Conduct to clarify it, I would like
to encourage you to submit a patch draft here:

    https://github.com/ContributorCovenant/contributor_covenant

The text has undergone a series of revisions that demonstrate that the
exact wording is not set in stone and that communities are willing to
update the text to reduce misunderstandings.

Discussing this here on this mailing list is likely not going to have
the effect that you may be hoping for as the CoC is a tool that the
maintainers have decided to adopt.

If you have concrete suggestions to improve the text in the context of
Guix and you think that it would not be applicable to the text that our
CoC is based on, then please contact the maintainers: address@hidden and
address@hidden

Thank you!

--