guix-devel

Re: guix development

From: Meiyo Peng
Subject: Re: guix development
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 13:18:36 +0800

Hi Ali,

Ali Nourmohammadi <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi there
> I'm working on a project that want to build a guix based operating system.
> For the first issue my job is to run lxqt on guix with openbox window manager.
> After searching alot i failed in my job.
> So my last hope is on you to help me with that.
> As i said i want to build lxqt on guix with openbox so i found this git:
> https://github.com/Millak/guix/blob/master/gnu/packages/lxqt.scm
> So i copy that and made a scm file called lxqt.scm.
> But when i try to install that with:
> guix package -f lxqt.scm
> it failes with this error:
> <unknown location>: error: invalid field specifier
> So i dont know what to do.
> So please if you are reading this email help me in that. i read all the wiki
> but i could not find anything.
> So if u just have a link about what to just let me know.
> Thank you so much.

LXQt has recently been added to guix's master branch. Please run `guix
pull` to update your guix. And there is no need to copy lxqt.scm from
elsewhere.

Please note that LXQt in guix is still immature. lxqt-runner is buggy,
and lxqt-panel simply does not work. If you want to help with the
development, have a look at this previous thread:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2018-10/msg00380.html

--
Meiyo Peng