guix-devel

Magit is painfully slow

From: Brett Gilio
Subject: Magit is painfully slow
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2018 01:08:11 -0600

Hi all,

I am having the weirdest issue with the Guix repository cloned from
Savannah. Before compiling, Magit is very efficient and opens in no time
at all. However, after compiling and generating several .po and .texi
files Magit takes almost a whole minute to open. I can clean the
repository and it wont make any difference, nor does adding those .po
and .texi files to gitignore (which magit seems to not realize because
it still shows them as unstaged changes). Does anybody else have
experience with this issue, it is literally only with our Guix
repository.

Best,
Brett Gilio