guix-devel

Re: Some utility functions

From: Alex Vong
Subject: Re: Some utility functions
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2019 15:39:52 +0800

Hello Gábor,

Gábor Boskovits <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello guix,
>
> I am not sure if I am duplicating functionality here, and also where
> these should belong, so I will send them here for discussion.
>
> Best regards,
> g_bor

[...]
> (define (rm-recursive dir)
>   "Deletes the DIR directory recursively."
>   (invoke "rm" "-r" dir))

I think 'delete-file-recursively' is already in the (guix build utils)
module. Also, I think you can try running "grep -r stat:size",
"grep -r timestamp" or something similar on the repo to get an idea if
similar functions exist (I actually use "rgrep" in emacs). You may also
inspect widely used modules such as (guix build utils) or (guix utils).

[...]

Cheers,
Alex