guix-devel

Re: GNOME 3.30: help needed!

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: GNOME 3.30: help needed!
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2019 09:06:50 +0100

Hi Rene,

> I tested GNOME 3.30 from the `wip-gnome3.30` branch and applied the
> Timothy Sample patches[1] and these are some observations:
>
>  * With `guix system vm-image..` the startup works correctly.
>  * Using `sudo dd if=$(guix system disk-image ..) of=/dev/sdb` boot
>  and login correctly.

That’s good to know.  (I wouldn’t use dd to upgrade a system, but “guix
system reconfigure”.)

What patches did you apply?  Are you using GDM or SLIM?

When I tested the packages I was not able to start the graphical user
interface.

>  * Using the `guix system reconfigure -L /home/remi/guix ..` option
>  does not seem to work; Is there any other way to reconfigure my
>  system using my local repository?.

You can use “/home/remi/guix/pre-inst-env guix system reconfigure …”.

>  * On the other hand how to know if GNOME is using wayland?.

I don’t know!

--
Ricardo