guix-devel

Re: Merging staging?

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Merging staging?
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2019 14:15:56 -0500

Hi Efraim,

Efraim Flashner <address@hidden> writes:

> I merged master into staging today and got the following chart:
>
> | architecture | berlin | hydra |
> +--------------+--------+-------+
> | x86_64       | 42.2%  | 78.8% |
> | i686         | 28.2%  | 64.3% |
> | aarch64      | 0%     | 23.0% |
> | armhf        | 16.8%  | 50.4% |
>
> but compared to master:
>
> | architecture | berlin | hydra |
> +--------------+--------+-------+
> | x86_64       | 57.5%  | 91.9% |
> | i686         | 44.4%  | 77.8% |
> | aarch64      | 0%     | 41.8% |
> | armhf        | 30.3%  | 69.6% |

Something looks wrong here, because Hydra has never supported aarch64,
i.e. it does not create jobs for that system and has never been
connected to an aarch64 build slave, so I don't see how it could
possibly have more than 0% coverage on that system.

> So I think I'd like to see a comparison on hydra of staging vs master
> and if it's good enough we go ahead and merge

I just asked Hydra to produce another evaluation of 'staging'.  When it
has finished doing so, we'll know more.

      Thanks!
        Mark