guix-devel

Re: 03/04: gnu: Replace all cons* with beginner-friendly (append (list .

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: 03/04: gnu: Replace all cons* with beginner-friendly (append (list ...)).
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 15:06:30 +0100

> Please don’t leave hanging parens—we want to teach people the Right Way
> to format code.  ;-)

I've always wondered what's the recommendation for closing parentheses after
inline comments.

In general, I refrain from using inline comments so I would do this:

   (packages (append (list nvi fdisk
                           ;; mostly so xrefs to its manual work:
                           grub
                           ;; partprobe:
                           parted)

> Last, make sure the text in guix.texi that explains these examples does
> not mention ‘cons*’.

My rationale here was that I've switched to "(append (list...))" until the
first time we explain
cons*, then I left the cons*.

--
Pierre Neidhardt