guix-devel

Removing ocaml-4.01?

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Removing ocaml-4.01?
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2019 14:33:31 +0100

Hi Ben,

During Fosdem we were discussing a security issue affecting ocaml-4.01. It seems that the only user of this version of ocaml is pplacer, which has been failing to build consistently since quite some time now. Since nobody complained, I suppose nobody uses that package and I'd like to suggest we remove it, and all of ocaml 4.01 with it, from guix. It will still be possible to install older versions of pplacer with inferiors of course.

As the original author of these packages, I guess you are the one with the most interest in it. Are you still using it? Could you help us fix it?

Thank you!