guix-devel

Re: Issue with my version of guix

From: Danny Milosavljevic
Subject: Re: Issue with my version of guix
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2019 17:08:15 +0100

Hi Laura,

On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 12:25:41 -0300
Laura Lazzati <address@hidden> wrote:

> This is the output of my guix --version, which shows a commit.
> guix --version
> guix (GNU Guix) 9d58e8819fdbc4c1c8a1ef6149e2d2376731a6a6
> Copyright (C) 2019 the Guix authors

This commit seems to be very recent, so not sure what you mean.
(it's from Feb 8 2019)

> And both for installing stuff with guix package or even guix pulling,
> I need to add the subsitute option for using https://ci.guix.info
> Otherwhise it uses the mirror from hydra.

That's weird...

Is your guix-daemon also recent?

Try:

  /proc/$(pidof -s guix-daemon)/exe -V

in order to find out its version.  What does it say?

Does your system configuration in /etc/config.scm specify custom
substitute-urls ?