guix-devel

[urgent] GNU Guix in Outreachy May 2019 round?

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: [urgent] GNU Guix in Outreachy May 2019 round?
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 16:05:57 +0100

Hi Guix,

the next Outreachy round of internships will take place from May 2019 to
August 2019.  As a community we would need to decide very soon whether
we would like to participate in the upcoming round.

To make that decision we need to have people come forward who would like
to be mentors or co-mentors for an internship project.  Being a mentor
also means to come up with a project idea or to flesh out somebody
else’s idea.  (This is different from GSoC.)

The application period begins on February 18 (this is in five days).
The sooner we join the more likely we will find a strong intern.

If you have doubts about volunteering as a mentor, you are welcome to
write to me and/or the current Outreachy mentors off-list.

--
Ricardo