[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[bug#25787] [PATCH 6/6] gnu: Add Clementine.

From: Pierre Langlois
Subject: [bug#25787] [PATCH 6/6] gnu: Add Clementine.
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2017 20:11:59 +0000
User-agent: mu4e 0.9.19; emacs 25.3.1

Hi Ricardo

Ricardo Wurmus writes:

Hi Pierre,

I have taken your patches and implemented the suggested changes. The only remaining problem is that Clementine seems to bundle a lot of libraries, which is why I’m not comfortable with pushing the updated
version as is.

Thanks a lot for looking at this! I'm sorry I've left this dragging for
so long, let me get my act together and complete this :-).

About the bundling, I agree this is problematic and I'm afraid I haven't been able to get rid of all of them. The remaining libs still bundled

- qxt: It appears to have gone unmaintained and Clementine devs have
   updated it for it to work with qt5.

- qtsingleapplication: Needs packaging. I might take a stab at it but I'm not sure I'll have the time. But, the CMakeLists.txt file says the bundled version is patched so I'm unsure just packaging it will
   be enough.

 - gmock: We have gmock in our googletest package but the tests
   segfault with it. The bundled version might be too old.

 - qsqlite: They have bundled the QT sqlite driver:
# Build our copy of QSqlLiteDriver.
# We do this because we can't guarantee that the driver shipped with Qt exposes the # raw sqlite3_ functions required for FTS support. This way we know that those symbols # exist at compile-time and that our code links to the same sqlite library as the
# Qt driver.
I tried to build a version a qtbase with sqlite-with-fts3 as input instead of sqlite, to see if that could be a replacement. But the
 symbols where still not found so I'm unsure what to do here.

 Finally, I haven't had the time to look at those last two:
 - qocoa
 - qtiocompressor

I was able to unbundle "libmygpo-qt" (new package) and "sha2" (replaced
by openssl).

QJson is not found, but it is used by a bundled library anyway, so I
think the bundling should be fixed first.

So, as it turns out only libmygpo-qt's QT4 version was depending on
qjson, so this is no longer necessary for clementine!

Attached is the updated version of the Clementine patch.

Thanks again! I have update the patch to remove the unbundled libs and
enabled testing.


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]