guss-hackers

Re: [guss-hackers] can't build it from CVS

From: Johan Rydberg
Subject: Re: [guss-hackers] can't build it from CVS
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 03:17:22 +0200

Hi Julian,

: On my Red Hat 7.2 machine:

: ./configure --prefix=`pwd`/Inst --target=powerpc-unknown-linux
: make
:
: gcc -DPACKAGE=\"guss\" -DVERSION=\"0.0\" -DHAVE_ARGP_H=1 -DHAVE_ERROR_H=1
: -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1  -I. -I.      -g -O2
: -c sim-scache.c
: sim-scache.c: In function `flush_scache':
: sim-scache.c:54: structure has no member named `chain'
: make[1]: *** [sim-scache.o] Error 1
: make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/sewardj/GUSS/guss'
: make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

This is due to major changes in the simulator engine.  I have
not yet had the time to bring the PowerPC (or i386) target
up-to-date.

I'm currently working on a new hardware simulation model, making
it more suitable for OpenFirmware simulation.  When that's done,
I'll probably try to get "all" the targets up to date.

: Also I had to hack configure.in to not do the readline test.
: Problem is that linking with -lreadline on RH 7.2 fails if you
: don't also add -ltermcap, and I couldn't figure out how to
: add -ltermcap in.

Yeah, this is a problem.  I also run RH 7.2.  What I do is to
override the LIBS variable when configuring the program;

  $ LIBS="-ltermcap" ./configure ...

: Even if I do succeed in building it, where do I get something
: to run on it from?

The PowerPC port is in it's very ealy stages, so probably
nothing really works.  But at some stage, I'll probably add a
test suite for GUSS.

Remember that I have only worked on GUSS for like 2 months,
don't expect too much of it.

Thanks for showing intrest.  Where did you learn about it?

regards
johan