gwhere-discussion

Re: [GWhere-discussion] possible bug report on disk naming

From: Zero
Subject: Re: [GWhere-discussion] possible bug report on disk naming
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 20:30:48 +0200

Hi Wolf and list,

V0.1.4 on Debian Sarge consistently names a new disk from the contents of the "Name" field, even if "use disk volume name as disk name" is checked. All the other right side "Options" in the scan dialog are selected, too.
Further parameters as needed.

Is your disk have got a "volume name" or a "label"?? Because if the disk label is empty, GWhere will use the contents of the "Name" field.

If i give (or forget to empty) a name in the "Management" dialog's "Name" text field, then Gwhere consistently uses that instead of a CDs label data. Sorry if i was unclear about that.

Ok, GWhere should do the inverse : if the CD label data is not present, it use the "Name" text field in the "Management" dialog. At time, I'm unable to replay the trouble. But I looking for a solve. I keep you informed.

Actually, i never checked the difference between volume name (IIRC in boot sector) and label (IIRC a root directory entry) since my DOS days...

In my opinion they are the same. But volume name should be a physicaly name and label should be a logical name.

Regards,
Zero

--
Best regards,

Zero
Maintainer,

GWhere - Another way to manage your catalogs!!
http://www.gwhere.org