h-source-users

Re: [H-source-users] Debian version at h-node

From: Michał Masłowski
Subject: Re: [H-source-users] Debian version at h-node
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 15:03:15 +0200

>> Testing and unstable have no VERSION_ID in /etc/os_release.  We could
>> have a "debian" code for them (due to the above naming: no version) and
>> rely on the kernel/driver version numbers.  It would be like Parabola.
>
> Do you suggest to use the code "debian" for both testing and unstable?

Packages usually are moved from unstable to testing.  I think there
isn't much value in knowing if if a device worked with testing or
unstable several months ago: one field might be enough.  For other uses,
kernel/driver version info should be sufficient, so users find which
stable versions or backports are supported.

Maybe our Debian users have more experience that would help here.