hddtemp-dev

Re: [hddtemp-dev] SSD Not Show temperature

From: James PEARSON
Subject: Re: [hddtemp-dev] SSD Not Show temperature
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 20:16:40 +0100

On Sun, 20 Mar 2016 12:58:16 -0500
Daniel Córdova A. <address@hidden> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I have a SSD on my laptop and my hddtemp not show temperature for
> this disk : "Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256G B"
> I write it on my hddtemp.db this:  "Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256G
> B"                                    190 C "Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256G
> B" and now it's working correctly. I send this message because I
> didn't found any place to put a patch.
>
> Anything please let me know.
>
> Thanks.

Hello all,

I can (and do!) confirm the above.
My setup notes on what I do after each fresh install on the machine
which has an Samsung SSD 850 PRO 1 TB (MZ-7KE1TOBW) are below.

vi /etc/hddtemp.db

# do a find to locate the "Samsung" section
# Add the next line - under the "Samsung" section
# start
"Samsung SSD 850 PRO 1TB"                           190  C  "Samsung
SSD 850 PRO Series"
# end

# Expected results
# hdparm -I /dev/sda | grep Model
        Model Number:       Samsung SSD 850 PRO 1TB

#  hddtemp /dev/sda
/dev/sda: Samsung SSD 850 PRO 1TB: 27°C

Regards from Paris
James