Re: [Health-dev] adding to medical

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] adding to medical
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 05:42:42 -0300

2011/9/1 Cédric Krier <address@hidden>
On 01/09/11 05:10 -0300, Luis Falcon wrote:
> 2011/9/1 zodman <address@hidden>
> >

> > Thanks Andrés. Good idea to have for GNU Health.
> We still need the configure script (and autoconf ) since it's an official
> GNU package.

Why did they require to use bloated autoconf. It is far from the standard
Python way to install packages.

It's GNU. The configure script (with automake and autoconf ) have been here for decades and it's quite versatile. So people can compile, install documentation, help, man pages, regardless the type of programming language or architecture you use. I love my make ; make install :-)
> We could possible to call from configure or make .

Even more bloated :-)

You don't need to use it .... just run the if you want. Actually you could just untar the modules where in the trytond dir . Beauty of Free Software ! :-)

Cédric Krier

Rue de Rotterdam, 4
4000 Liège
Tel: +32 472 54 46 59