health-dev

Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health in a FreeBSD jail

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health in a FreeBSD jail
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 13:53:04 -0300

Hi Chris

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 10:02 AM, Christoph H. Larsen
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I had - finally - some time to install the latest release of GNU Health.

Good :-)

> This is what I got under the hood, all inside a FreeBSD jail:
>
> My /usr/local/etc/trytond.conf looks like this:
>

> data_path = /home/tryton

Later on, you might want to create an specific directory for the GNU
Health / Tryton data, so is not in the $HOME, so probable something
like /home/tryton/data

> And this is what I get when trying to start up the trytond server - with or
> without the /usr/local/etc/trytond.conf file, and with or withouyt psycopg2
> (depending on the settings in the former file):
>
> File "/usr/local/bin/trytond", line 104, in <module>
>     trytond.server.TrytonServer(options).run()
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/trytond/server.py", line 30,
> in __init__
>     CONFIG.update_etc(options['configfile'])
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/trytond/config.py", line 109,
> in update_etc
>     get_port(netloc, name)) for netloc in value.split(',')]
> AttributeError: 'bool' object has no attribute 'split'
>
> Unfortunately, neither -v nor --debug yield any more detailled diagnostics.
> Setting psyco to FALSE, does no make any difference. Likewise, disabling SSL
> connections to both the database server and the client does not yield any
> solution, nor any different error message.
> Any thoughts? As the installation procedure works like a charm in Debian
> without vservers, etc, on my notebook, I begin to wonder, whether this error
> has anything to do with FreeBSD-specific settings, including jails? Or,
> should I start using pip at an earlier stage (as I have, see above, used
> FreeBSD's port system to the max, i.e. just prior to installing trytond
> itself)...
> Any thoughts? The Caribbean CAREC reference lab wouldl love to get a taste
> of GNU Health, on top of Bika Health, so there is some embarrassing urgency
> involved. Not to mention Afghanistan ;-).
>
> Thanks a million, and till soon!

We'll get it up and running :-)

Did you use the --user argument when invoking the pip installation ?

There might be some older installations lingering around. I recommend
the local installation, so everything resides un der ~/.local  (both
trytond and GNU Health)

Let us know your advances.

Cheers

--