health-dev

Re: [Health-dev] Is the current version of Tryton far too complicated fo

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Is the current version of Tryton far too complicated for GNU Health?
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2014 19:41:30 +0100

Hi Andrew, Axel, Carl
On Thu, 4 Sep 2014 18:16:02 +0100 (BST)
"address@hidden" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello Axel
>
> The first step I would take to improve the Tryton ordering module
> is to be able to attach "default" suppliers to products:
>
> Product: Amoxicillin
> 500mg capsules
>
> UOM: capsule
>
> default_supplier_1
> default_supplier_2
>
> default_supplier_3

As Carl mentioned, if we install the trytond_purchase module, we will
have extra attributes and functionality related to the product.
Type of product (as "purchasable"), different suppliers and their
product names, etc..

I have installed the purchase module in the community server, so you can
explore it.

To get the supplier information, you need to click on the Purchasable
field, and the Supplier tab will show up.

It's been a while I've been thinking on including the purchase module
in the list of "base" modules for GNU Health, and today more and
more institutions are using the Hospital Information System part of it.

I think that it would be a good idea to include the purchase module
(and its dependencies) in the next GNU Health 2.8 series. Of course,
the installer just download the modules, and it's up to the institution
to activate them.

What do you think ?

Best,