health-dev

Re: [Health-dev] Why does Tryton not contain a "pack size" field for pro

From: Mathias Behrle
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Why does Tryton not contain a "pack size" field for products?
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 12:51:28 +0200

* address@hidden: " Re: [Health-dev] Why does Tryton not contain
  a "pack size" field for products?" (Mon, 6 Oct 2014 18:00:52 +0100 (BST)):

> Thanks Mathias
>
> It would be useful to have this functionality in GNU Health for
> me to test.
>
> Let me clarify:
>
> If I order 1 pack of 100 capsules (1 of code
> ABC123)
>
> The software will let me issue as 100 x 1 capsules (100 of code
> DEF456)
>
> Will Tryton automatically convert 1 x ABC123 (product) to 100 x DEF456
> (products)?
>
> Or am I expecting too much?

As already said the feature of UOM conversion exists in the Tryton
purchase/sale modules (which are not part of the standard gnuhealth
installation). You can e.g. easily define a new UOM P100 (pack of 100 units),
take it as standard UOM for the product, but sell it as unit. Tryton will
automatically calculate the according price.

I don't know, how well the purchase and sale modules will integrate with
gnuhealth, but that would be for me the way to go.

Cheers,
Mathias

--

    Mathias Behrle
    MBSolutions

    Tel: +49(761)471023
    Fax: +49(761)4770816
    http://m9s.biz
    UStIdNr: DE 142009020
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0x8405BBF6