health-dev

[Health-dev] Serious dose errors when prescribing with a decimal point

From: address@hidden
Subject: [Health-dev] Serious dose errors when prescribing with a decimal point
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 14:06:42 +0100 (BST)

Dear Luis

I am testing GNU Health for children's prescribing functionality. I
have discovered a serious error.

If I want to prescribe a dose for a child
with a decimal point (which is very common) say 12.5 mg then the system
converts this to 125.00 mg when saving to the patient record (which is a 10 x
overdose).

Can you investigate please?

ALSO - might it be possible to remove
the trailing zeros - 00 - from the dose screen display as this may also cause
confusion for the nurse / parent who may be administering the medicine.

Regards

Andrew