health-dev

Re: [Health-dev] [task #13377] Default configuration and features for GN

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] [task #13377] Default configuration and features for GNU Health in distributed environments
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 13:05:54 +0000

Hi Andrew !

On Tue, 4 Nov 2014 12:33:44 +0000 (GMT)
"address@hidden" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Luis
>
> I don't want to complicate this important issue unnecessarily but
> should the PUID have a "type" option.
>
> The PUID "type" might be:
>
> local health
> ID
> national health ID
> private/secret health ID
> temporary/random health ID
>
> It
> would be useful for health service administrators to know what "type"
> of PUID identifier they were using.

I'm not sure if I understood your question.

In GNU Health, at the person level, you have the "alternative ids"
which are those that you are naming, and can be extended.

The country / region will decide which ID document will be the primary
to be used as PUID. In some instances, in the localization process,
they would change the label of "PUID" for their own internal name, but
the concept remains the same.

When looking for a patient, you can enter any id and GNU Health will
look for both the PUID and all the alternative IDs that that person
might have.

The PUID is the one that is currently shown in the person ID card, and
also be linked to the person reports. Also, if the center has a card
reader, that card number would automatically go into the PUID.

Hope this helps. Thanks for your feedback ! Your suggestions /
improvements in this very important matter are most welcome !

Best,
Luis

--
Luis Falcon, MD