health-dev

Re: [Health-dev] Wikibooks - Installation Instructions removed?

From: Mathias Behrle
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Wikibooks - Installation Instructions removed?
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 12:26:38 +0100

* Luis Falcon: " Re: [Health-dev] Wikibooks - Installation Instructions
  removed?" (Sat, 7 Mar 2015 11:11:57 +0000):

Hi all,

> Good morning, Axel
> On Sat, 07 Mar 2015 11:29:38 +0100
> Axel Braun <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Gents,
> >
> > I noticed that with the latest update of the system-specific
> > installation instructions the section for openSUSE (and potentially
> > others as well) got removed.
> >
> > Can anyone explain the rationale behind that?
> Here is the rationale, sent a while ago to this list.
>
> https://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg00521.html
>
> We are in the process of unifying the installation instructions for ALL
> major Operating Systems and Distros.
>
> Of course, Arch, OpenSUSE and many others will be documented as
> soon as possible. Yesterday I installed from scratch three operating
> systems,GNU Health, evaluated and documented them. This is a tedious,
> time-consuming process, but definitely worth.
>
> Hopefully I will be able to have OpenSUSE and Arch installation
> documentation by this week. Of course, you're most welcome to
> contribute.

Just to throw in, that I am willing to contribute the installation on Debian
via Debian packages. I will have to look, how this suits in the new
documentation effort.

- Gnuhealth packages are meanwhile available under debian.tryton.org and ready
  to be (more) tested
- A docker setup for a quick local setup of the demo database is almost finished
- This docker setup aims to be used also as an easily adaptable base for the
  deployment of a production environment
- Documentation still has to be written

Best,
Mathias

--

    Mathias Behrle
    MBSolutions

    Tel: +49(761)471023
    Fax: +49(761)4770816
    http://www.m9s.biz
    UStIdNr: DE 142009020
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0x8405BBF6