health-dev

[Health-dev] Blood Bank Module

From: Marc DM
Subject: [Health-dev] Blood Bank Module
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 05:31:14 +0000

Hello Everyone,

I'm in the final stages of building a Blood Bank management system based on Django. Over the last few months however, I have been working a lot with GNU Health and Tryton. Considering that the folks responsible for the Django app are planning to release it with an OSS license, I was thinking to use some of the effort and knowledge to create a blood bank module for GNU Health.

I do not want to re-invent the wheel however. So, I was wondering if anyone had a similar module or if someone can point me to functionality within GNU Health that provides features to handle blood donations and disbursement.

Additionally, since I'm still new to the world of medicine, can anyone point me to info from the WHO or otherwise that may be useful in making the final module internally applicable.

Thanks.

---
Marc DM