health-dev

Re: [Health-dev] Fw: Medication product strength and default prescribing

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Fw: Medication product strength and default prescribing fields. Should we tackle them together?
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 20:14:20 -0300

Dear Alvin
On Thu, 12 Mar 2015 13:48:59 +0100
Alvin Marcelo <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear GNU Health team,
>
> May I know what artifacts you are using for the prescription module?
> Is it IHE, openEHR or HL7 FHIR or H7 others?

GNU Health tries to have generic models, that can fit different
standards. The prescription model is no exception. Having a generic
model allows to use different coding / messaging systems. For instance,
we could make use the "Medication Prescription" resource from HL7 FHIR
[1] , but it can use other if needed.

1.-
http://www.hl7.org/implement/standards/fhir/medicationprescription.html

Best,