health-dev

[Health-dev] [bug #41382] 'Application Error' on Creating New Stock Move

From: Chris Zimmerman
Subject: [Health-dev] [bug #41382] 'Application Error' on Creating New Stock Move
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 00:54:32 +0000

Update of bug #41382 (project health):

                Category:        Demo environment => Functionality

Follow-up Comment #2:

This issue is one of a series of issues with form_relate and domains (with
similar bug reports). Put simply, you should create new stock moves by means
of the wizard: Actions > Create Prescription/Vaccination Stock Move. On the
technical side, the Related Records function defines a domain/filter for the
Stock Moves view, in order to only show the related stock move. However, when
you try to create a new record from that view, the domain is still active,
consequently some weird stuff happens (errors). I'm not entirely clear why.
Nevertheless, you can create new stock moves from the default view (no domain
defined). A simple fix is to remove the domain, so the shortcut is to the
default view of Stock Moves, then the user can filter down to what they are
looking for. However, you lose the ability to immediately see the related
Stock Move (if it exists). Another possibility is to define a search_value
(for the search bar) that will display only Stock Moves from that model (can't
seem to make this search specific enough to display the single stock move
related to the prescription/vaccination). To be honest, I think removing the
domain would alleviate some confusion. Or even removing the related records
function altogether. In general, I'm finding that form_relate (Related
Records) oftentimes produces confusing behavior. Thoughts?

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?41382>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/