health-dev

Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health Tryton LDAP Configuration

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health Tryton LDAP Configuration
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 18:03:25 +0100

Good evening, Joe !

On Sun, 19 Jul 2015 21:34:54 +0800
Jose Eugenio Quesada <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi GNU Health Community,
>
> I started looking into enabling LDAP authentication in GNU Health,
> and ran into some stumbling blocks.
>
> The first is that the Tryton ldap_connection module is only up to
> version 3.2, and GNU Health 2.8.1 uses Tryton version 3.4
>
> The second is that, on doing some google searches on the topic, I came
> across this post:
> http://thymbra1.rssing.com/chan-7936818/all_p4.html
>
> "A new configuration file format is introduced for the server. It is
> easily extendable to be used by modules. For example, the
> ldap_authentication module starts using it in replacement of the
> removed ldap_connection." LDAP Authentication
>
>    - The module ldap_connection has been replaced by an entry in the
>    configuration file of trytond.
>

> I tried looking for the new configuration file format for ldap
> connection and could not find it.

> I am using a Nethserver installation for my LDAP server, and would
> like to connect GNU Health to the Nethserver LDAP server for user
> authentication.
>
> Any help to get me past this point so I can use LDAP authentication
> for GNU health would be truly appreciated.

Take a look at the General GNU Health Central Authentication [1] (need
to update the doc on the old ldap_connection module)

For 3.4 specifics, please refer to the Tryton Migration to 3.4 [2]

Finally, for the specific LDAP connection params used in the Tryton
configuration file[3]

1.- https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Central_Authentication
2.- https://code.google.com/p/tryton/wiki/Migration_3_4
3.-