Re: [Health] Doubt about inserting people

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Doubt about inserting people
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 17:58:38 +0000

Hi João !

Thank you for your kind email, and welcome ! :)

Let me answer inline...

On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 22:38:46 +0000
João Martel <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Thanks in advance for the work and effort you had in developing this
> amazing software!
>
> I have one important question:
>
> I am a practicing family physician and I am considering using your
> software for personal registration of my list of patients, and, who
> knows, in the future, proposing its utilisation in other platforms.
>
> I have a list of around 2000 patients, which is written in digital
> record. It would be very laborious for me to create people one by one
> in gnu health,
>
> Isn't there any way to make Gnu health read from an excel list or
> something like that and import the list of patients?

Probably the best way is using Proteus, a library that allows you to
do non-interactive actions.

There are also ways to import from CSV, but my experience is that
proteus is way more powerful and versatile.

We can update the documentation with some simple script that does the
batch input of demographic information,

All the best
Luis

--