Re: [Health] Some feedback: issues and recommendations

From: Leandro Poli
Subject: Re: [Health] Some feedback: issues and recommendations
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 18:45:05 -0300

We have to wait for Debian (especially Raspbian) "Buster" (now in testing), to get PostgreSQL 10 and another packages like 2to3. I realized recently when checking out for that packages at the Debian project web site.

El lun., 21 de ene. de 2019 a la(s) 07:44, Luis Falcon (address@hidden) escribió:
Hi Mathias !

On Sun, 20 Jan 2019 23:46:12 +0100
Mathias Behrle <address@hidden> wrote:

> * Luis Falcon: " Re: [Health] Some feedback: issues and
> recommendations" (Sun, 20 Jan 2019 17:11:56 +0000):
>
> Hi Luis,
>
> > Debian is supported :) . Basically, the current OS shown are those
> > which latest version meet the main requirements out-of-the-box. In
> > Debian 9.6, PostgreSQL 10, required in GNU Health 3.4, is not
> > shipped. That is part of the reason is not shown on the OS specific
> > instructions. But we can document it :)
>
> Is PostgreSQL 10 required or nice to have for GH3.4?

Good point ! PostgreSQL 10 is the official supported version. That is,
we've tested GNU Health under PG 10x and we provide support on that
platform version.

As I told Leandro, other versions, installation methods and platforms
might also work, but we can only provide support to the
environment that we have passed the installation & QA tests.

Best
Luis