[Heartlogic-dev] preparation (was Re: squeek)

From: Joshua N Pritikin
Subject: [Heartlogic-dev] preparation (was Re: squeek)
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 14:00:44 +0530

On Sun, Oct 26, 2003 at 11:20:50PM -0600, William L. Jarrold wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
> > Then in section 6.4.1 of your thesis, you discuss extending the
> > valence affect model slightly to include mad & afraid.  I argue
> > that my pronoun proposal is an even smaller incremental
> > extension -- just ask about desirability for each of the
> > two participants:
> >
> >   What do _I_ think is the desirability?
> >   What do _you_ think is the desirability?
>
> And likewise, assuming the scnerio is about Tracy and mommy,
> what does Tracy think?  What does Mommy think?

Yes, actually that is what I meant.

> > Then we also get a predicted "situational intention" (3rd person)
> > which you can use for believability cross-checking.
>
> Not sure what you mean by this.

Yah.

Please go through the rest of my pronoun proposal when
you get a spare moment.

> But, in my opinion, these are mere details.  The real of engine
> of theory driving will come from getting lots of people to make
> believability ratings.

Agreed.

> Preferrably, at openheartlogic.org (minor point, I notice you called
> it heartlogic.org)

Actually that is because nongnu.org restricts the length
of the name to 12 characters.  I had to cut something!  ;-)

If/when we purchase a domain name then we can certainly
grab openheartlogic.org, assume it is available (I didn't check).

> we'd want to be able to keep track of the identity of
> a given respondant across sessions.  That way we can track
> how consistent they are.  One way to check consistency would be
> to every so often give them the same survey item.  The closer
> the ratings the more reliable the rater.  Anyway, just trying to
> give you a peak at the road ahead.

That is exactly the kind of information which is really useful
from a design point of view.  If we can brainstorm these kinds
of ideas a bit more that would be great.

> p.s. Although it's just the "coverpage", the website looks really nice.
> I've shown some friends and they love it too.  What kind of graphic
> software did you use to make it?

www.gimp.org

Actually I am not very happy with the outline shape of the heart.
I'll try to redo it better before we do a 1.0 release.

--
A new cognitive theory of emotion, http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/aleader