[Heartlogic-dev] address@hidden: do we need to keep 'em coming?]

From: Joshua N Pritikin
Subject: [Heartlogic-dev] address@hidden: do we need to keep 'em coming?]
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 13:42:31 +0530

----- Forwarded message from "William L. Jarrold" <address@hidden> -----

From: "William L. Jarrold" <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
cc: address@hidden, "William L. Jarrold" <address@hidden>
Subject: do we need to keep 'em coming?

Hi Joshua,

I've been wondering if we should add items to ensure that people do not
get bored.  Interesting provocative items.  In order to maximize their
sense of involvement, we may want to show them the ontology that generates
the system behaviors that they are rating....I'm talking about a
strategy to encourage repeat visitors...But that is a strategy for
AI types...By contrast, people in the autism community, especially high
functioning autistics themselves, would be more interested in seemingly
subtle mind-reading cases and adding stories of their own.  As you read
Temple Grandin's book maybe you can write some of them down.  One
example might be something about body odor (there's a part in the book
where TEmple realizes she lacked the "theory of mind" to know that other's
find it offensive if you do not bathe).

Anyway, just some thoughts on increasingin involvement.  What do you
think?  We should probably start brainstorming these.

I'm not saying that the first few, (well, 9) items should not be identical
to my dissertation.  Just that if the interface were strictly like my
dissertation, people would be bored and never come back.  So, I'm talking
about what do we have after the first 9 - 20 items (It has been a while,
but as I recall, each Study 3 survey has 9 items?  Each study 2 survey had
18 items?  Whatever.

Past my bedtime.

Good morning!

Bill