[Heartlogic-dev] Re: ahead of schedule

From: Joshua N Pritikin
Subject: [Heartlogic-dev] Re: ahead of schedule
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 14:35:04 +0530

On Sat, Nov 22, 2003 at 02:16:14PM -0600, William L. Jarrold wrote:
> Couple of minor comments...For emotion/cs expert types this
> is excellent.  I'm wondering if there is a way we can give it,
> or some aspect of it, a look and feel that will attract scadzillions
> of ordinary folks?

Yah.

I don't have any ideas besides the gimmicks which I already mentioned.

> Well, I wonder how the Open Mind got as many responses as they got?

Slashdot?  ;-)

> How many responses DID they get?

As of 15 October 2003, 618000 sentences.  Totally amazing!

> From what sort of people?
> c) what is the demographics of their contributors
> (e.g. were they "common joe's" or were they mostly ai enthusiasts).

That's one thing which I want to do which openmind didn't do:
collect demographics.

If you edit your OHL profile then you can see the questions
which I have tenatively selected.

> If you get a chance scour their websites to see
> if you can determine a) how many contributors

12455 (including me)

> b) how much each person contributed

I can't find where they publish the exact statistics, however,
here is a subset from the top 100 list:

1       Laserjoy        31111
2       Halelaniau      25462
3       annedog         19150
4       Visionsofkaos   18602
5       Bryan           16143
95      TedSwart        805
96      cerewa          801
97      Chuddy          777
98      bfgx            777
99      jeffe           768
100     colm            743

Wow!  Excellent.  Be sure to CC to address@hidden

> If we can duplicate their level of hits, then we are doing great.

Yah, no kidding!

> Man this is awesome.  Amazing.  I can't believe I found you.

Yah, it was a super lucky break for me too.  I need your help to
figure out how to test the perspective/pronouns hypothesis!

> I still love that heart icon.  Why not put it on every page...E.g.
> the one that says "Open Heart Logic"?

I'll try to find a place for it.  I'm still tweaking the
presentation style.

> Nitpicky...when it says "That email is not registerd with us." why not
> have the link "Apply for a New Account" right next to it.

Done.

--
A new cognitive theory of emotion, http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/aleader