[Heartlogic-dev] fine tuning (was Re: DSM & Study #2 Introduction)

From: Joshua N Pritikin
Subject: [Heartlogic-dev] fine tuning (was Re: DSM & Study #2 Introduction)
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 12:06:29 +0530

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 01:30:31AM -0600, William L. Jarrold wrote:
> Now, here's what I've been thinking of late.
>
> For the near future (now to maybe 3-6 months) We should have *two* front
> pages.  One front page (e.g. openheartlogic.org/start.html) should be to
> snag research participants.  This should be written in clear very short
> english text easy for a grandmother to understand.  It should also
> motivate our work and emphasize the benefit to afflicated populations.
>
> I think the text you wrote should go on the front page for them.  I.e....
> [...snip...]
>
> ...maybe even make it shorter.  Whatever.  Then *RIGHT* after that say,
> well, PLEASE participate in our research.  Press <hotlinke: here> to
> start.
>
> ....And that's IT.  No other hotlinks to distract/confuse them.  We want
> them to do the survey.  Once they do the stupid start survey, then we open
> up many possibilities to them.  One of which is the other "create your own
> vinette" type survey.
>
> (Ooops, sorry, I'm gonna sorta repeat myself)...
>
> Also, one should not even have the option of going the "make your own
> vinette" until either (1) one has participated in the replication study
> or (2) we have run enough (e.g. 90) subjects through the replication.

I've reorganized the screens.

Now I'm going to test it and type as I go.

1. I found the welcome screen.  There is a short introduction.  Then
it says "please participate ..."  There are two links in the corner:
Login and About (which I am going to ignore).

2. I am on the Expert Registration page.  I enter my info and agree to
Informed Consent.

3. My account is created but now I have to wait for the confirmation
email.

4. I received the email.  After I paste the link in the email then my
account is activated.  I am clicking on the "login" link.  (Oops, that
link didn't work.  A bug!  Squash it!  OK, that's better.  3 cheers
for testing.)

5. I enter my login & password and click the button.

6. Now I am asked about my diagnosis.  Hrm.  This is a funny question.
I don't even know what "Autism" _is_ so I guess I'll just click the
Continue link at the bottom.

7. I arrive at "Study 1 - Introduction".  There is a picture of a
human heart -- disgusting -- but there is also a cute robot.  OK, I
read through the introduction and click on the Proceed link.

8. Here is the first "Rate Believability" screen.

+ + +

OK, that's 8 clicks.  Is it too much?

I deleted your account so you can try it.

--
A new cognitive theory of emotion, http://openheartlogic.org