RE: [Heartlogic-dev] OHL v2 alpha test

From: Joshua N Pritikin
Subject: RE: [Heartlogic-dev] OHL v2 alpha test
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:52:23 +0530

On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 15:58 +0530, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
> If daddy doesn't give Toby the orange juice that he's after then on what
> basis is daddy able to deny Toby?  Is it a matter of law, which compares
> withholding orange juice to stealing a car?  Or is it merely that daddy,
> as the parent, can make a unilateral decision (might)?

Eek!  Stealing a car is certainly not a matter of law.

What I meant to suggest is some reason which could be construed as
lawful, such as "Toby is allergic to oranges."  Or perhaps religious
law, "Orange juice is not to be drunk on Sunday." ?  ;-)

Of course kids don't know much about law so parents can try to frame a
unilateral denial in lawful terms.  That's what makes this appraisal so
much fun.  ;-)