Re: [Heartlogic-dev] tentative plan

From: Joshua N Pritikin
Subject: Re: [Heartlogic-dev] tentative plan
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 10:37:57 +0530

On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 01:50 -0500, William L. Jarrold wrote:
> If they are a virgin user, then any study they get will be a "formal
> statistically well designed study."
>
> If they are a virgin user and if there are several "formal
> statistically
> well designed studies" (aka a "formal study") then the study in which
> they
> participate wil be randomly chosen.
>
> If they are a veteran user, then they *may* be offered an informal
> study.
> If they are offered a formal study, then their data will be
> sequestered
> apart from the virgin data.
>
> They *may* be offered a choice of studies.

Actually we already have this because each rating has a timestamp.  So
we can arbitrarily decide the number of ratings it takes for a virgin
user to become a veteran user.  Or do you have something else in mind
when you talk about virgin vs veteran?

--
If you are an American then support http://fairtax.org
 (Permanently replace 50,000+ pages of tax law with about 200 pages.)