[Heartlogic-dev] Re: reactions

From: William L. Jarrold
Subject: [Heartlogic-dev] Re: reactions
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 19:16:47 -0500 (CDT)

...here are more ruminations on which i would like your reaction...

our goal is just to sketch out this region of affectivee space.

if we can find believable stories in each of the 9 categories, great.
if not, then we will at least know which ones are more "valid" than others.

it might be interesting to see the relativve frequency of stories
for each category.  it seems like no goal/ no goal  stories are
pretty rare.  but goal goal or goal / anti goal are quite common.

maybe we could ask a bunch of people to write a little life story
vinette.  we might be able to make qualitiative generaliziations
about their personality by going over these essays and counting
the number of goal pairs in each category....e.g. if fred's vinette
had  a relatively high freeuqunedy of anti-goal/goal pairs then
maybe he is considerd a jealous personality.  if bob had a high
freq of goal / goal pairs in his vinette then he's a happy go lucky
dude.

...am i "getting" your research idea?

bill