[Heartlogic-dev] Re: login bypass

From: William L. Jarrold
Subject: [Heartlogic-dev] Re: login bypass
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 17:46:22 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:

I have make some changes so that the OpRBP study can be completed
without creating a login account via the pilot.n.i url.

Great.

I think it will be intereseting to see how many people go for the anonymous version vs login.

But, wait, I went to both www.nirmalvihar.info and pilot.n*.i* and
neither asked me to login....Hrm, Bill wonders, is this bc I am
already logged in?...So, he clicks neutral for all 60 questions.
(COOL the COUNTER IS WORKIGN CORRECTLY)...but then he gets this error:

OK

Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

......So in sum...

1) there is that error needing a fixin'

....and two...

2) eventually i think we should have it so that it begs and pleads and urges (via just some text on one page or two) you to login but also says if you really don't want to go to the trouble, then your data will still be useful to us, so rate away....yes no maybe?

then we can track how many people go for anonymous versus login.

Bill

These changes are not as well tested as I would like.  Whatever.

Since I believe we do want to encourage registration, I added
the Login link at the top of the page.  I don't really see
this as a significant confound because we don't even know the
identity of the person(s) who is/are doing the ratings.  All
we know is that a sequence of ratings are associated with
a particular cookie.