help-3dldf

[help-3dldf] Re: Your FEATPOST website

From: L. Nobre G.
Subject: [help-3dldf] Re: Your FEATPOST website
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 18:16:25 +0000 (WET)

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004, Laurence Finston wrote:

> Passing values explicitly, i.e., as strings, would be easy.

This would be a cornerstone improvement, in my opinion.

> You do know that I haven't implemented equations yet, so that
> assignments must be used?  I'd like to implement equations, but I think
> it will be quite difficult.  In addition, most programming languages
> get along without them, so it's not that high on my priority list.

I didn't know. FeatPost uses some equations but pre-solves many others.

> Macros are high on my priority list, but I want to release a new
> stable version before I start working on them.  I don't think they will be
> hard to implement.  I believe I can use a technique similar to the one I've
> used for loops.  I think I will also be able to implement `vardefs' with a
> reasonable amount of effort.  I think `primarydef', `secondarydef', and
> `tertiarydef' will be a bit more difficult.

FeatPost uses only `defs' and `vardefs'. Macros need to be implemented
to allow FeatPost macros to have a chance of being reimplemented in 3DLDF.

> The main hurdle I have to overcome before I release the next version is
> rewriting the manual.  As I work on it, I find things that I have to add,
> change, or fix in the program.   I've also spent the last few days working on
> the functions and rules for reflecting objects in or off of planes, and it's
> turned out to be more work than I expected.  I wanted to include these
> features in the new version, but I may not, after all.

The manual is another cornerstone...

Lu\'{\i}s Nobre Gon\c{c}alves - http://matagalatlante.org