help-3dldf

[help-3dldf] Re: The compilling of 3DLDF failed on Debian Sid.

From: Laurence Finston
Subject: [help-3dldf] Re: The compilling of 3DLDF failed on Debian Sid.
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:35:23 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007, Hongyi Zhao wrote:

> The problem seems no so easy!  When I do so, I will meet much more error
> messages, I send you an attachment for you information.  BTW, this is
> just a little part of the errors.

Yes, but they all seem to be the same error, i.e., that a function is
invoked before it's defined.  This probably means that the build
isn't being performed correctly.

It's nonsense, anyway, because it's sufficient for functions and the
types of their return values and arguments to be declared for a
function to be invoked.  Is `ctang3DL' being built and invoked?
If not, the header files generated from the `.web' files will not
exist.

If `3DLDF-1.2.0.0/CWEB/ctang3DL' doesn't exist, call `make ctang3DL'.
If the header files, e.g., `loader.h', `pspglb.h', etc., don't exist,
then try this:

delete these files:

loader.cxx
loader.h
loader.o
loader.rpo
loader.tim
loader.tmw

These are all the files with the name `loader' _except_ `loader.web'.
Then call `touch loader.web' and `make loader.o'.  Touching `loader.web'
should ensure that all of the other targets needed to build the executable
are rebuilt.  Then call `make pspglb.o'.  If this works, you can skip a few
files and call `make points.o'.  All of the other prerequisites for
`points.o' should be built.  The order in which the `.web' files is processed
is the same as the order in which the corresponding header files are included
in `main.web':

@<Include files@>=
#include "loader.h"

#ifdef __GNUC__
#include <getopt.h>
#endif

#include "pspglb.h"
#include "io.h"
#include "gsltmplt.h"
#include "creatnew.h"
#include "pntrvctr.h"
#include "primes.h"
#include "colors.h"
#include "transfor.h"
#include "pens.h"
#include "dashptrn.h"
#include "shapes.h"
#include "pictures.h"
#include "points.h"
#include "lines.h"
#include "planes.h"
#include "nurbs.h"
#include "paths.h"
#include "curves.h"
#include "polygons.h"
#include "triangle.h"
#include "rectangs.h"
#include "conicsct.h"
#include "ellipses.h"
#include "circles.h"
#include "ellpsslc.h"
#include "crclslc.h"
#include "parabola.h"
#include "hyprbola.h"
#include "helices.h"
#include "origami.h"

#if 0
   #include "patterns.h"
#endif

#include "solids.h"
#include "solfaced.h"
#include "cuboid.h"
#include "polyhed.h"
#include "plyhdslc.h"
#include "cones.h"
#include "cylinder.h"
#include "ellpsoid.h"
#include "spheres.h"
#include "parabold.h"
#include "paraellp.h"
#include "parahypr.h"
#include "glyphs.h"
#include "pctfncs0.h"
#include "utility.h"
#include "scanprse.h"
#include "figures.h"
#include "parser.h++"
#include "parser.h"
#include "scan.h"
#include "scanprsf.h"
#include "imetfncs.h"
#include "deftfncs.h"
#include "sctpcrt.h"
#include "sctpfncs.h"
#include "prrfnc0.h"

If `points.o' is built correctly, it would be worth trying `make ldf'
again.

If this doesn't work (and it might not), please send me the error messages.

Thanks.

Laurence