help-3dldf

Re: [help-3dldf] why we did not use texinfo ?

From: lfinsto1
Subject: Re: [help-3dldf] why we did not use texinfo ?
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 10:46:09 +0100 (CET)

> hey Laurence,
>

>   sometimes I just wonder, why you did not use texinfo instead of TeX:
>
>   http://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/

I do use Texinfo.  See the directory `3DLDF-1.2.0/DOC/TEXINFO'.  I am
currently working on Texipp, which is a preprocessor for Texinfo.  It's
needed for the code samples and illustrations and some other features.  I
wrote the old manual using Texinfo.

Texinfo is a tool for creating documentation.  It wouldn't be appropriate
for creating sample drawings or for other purposes, if that's what you
meant.

I also subscribe to the help mailing list for Texinfo.

Laurence