Re: [Help-bash] how to touch an executiable file

From: lina
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] how to touch an executiable file
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 23:59:13 +0800

On Saturday 31,December,2011 11:54 PM, Eric Blake wrote:
On 12/31/2011 08:50 AM, lina wrote:
Hi,

is there one command can be used to be equal to

touch a.sh
chmod 755 a.sh
No. But why do you think you need a single command?  What reason do you
have for wanting to do this atomically instead of in two parts?

touch is the only command I know to create a new file, but right now I checked the "touch" function is mainly to change the time.

so I wonder are there some command to create a file which I don't know, or which can also set the character of a file.

Thanks,