Re: [Help-bash] Adding preceding string to the commands printed when set

From: John Kearney
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] Adding preceding string to the commands printed when set -v is enabled
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 14:01:25 +0200

Am 03.05.2012 13:16, schrieb Peng Yu:
Hi,

set -v can print commands automatically. But I feel that it will more
convenient if I can add some preceding string (such as ##### or
=====), so that I can easy tell what are the commands and what are the
output of the commands. Is there a way to do so?

              -v      Print shell input lines as they are read.

have you tried ?
set -x

--
View John
          Kearney's profile on LinkedIn John Kearney